To be eligible for a Low Income Corporate Scholarship, Family Income cannot exceed 185% of the threshold for federal free and reduced-priced lunch eligibility. (This standard is 342.25% of the Federal Poverty Line):Household Size Family Income    2        $57,874    3         $73,002     4         $88,129     5         $103,257     6         $118,384     7         $133,512     8         $148,639
Family Income includes
- Earnings from work: Gross income from work (wages, salaries, tips, commissions.) It is the amount earned before taxes and deductions. If self-employed, report income after expenses (your own business, freelance work, farm, or rental property).
- Welfare, Child Support, Spousal maintenance: including - TANF, General Assistance, General Relief, etc. NOTE: Food Stamps and FDPIR benefits are not included as income.
- Pensions, Retirement, and Social Security: includes - Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran’s (VA)benefits, and disability benefits.
- All Other Income: Includes - Worker’s Compensations, unemployment, strike benefits, net rental income, annuities, net royalties, interest, dividend income, cash withdrawn from savings, income from estates, trust and/or investments, regular contributions from people who do not live in your household, and ANY OTHER INCOME. Does not have to include military or combat pay/allowances as income.
- Attended a public school as a full-time student for at least 90 days of the prior fiscal year or one full semester and then transferred from the public school to a private school. Those students who transfer to a qualified school after the first full semester are eligible to receive a scholarship that same academic year; OR
- Is enrolling in a private school kindergarten; OR
- Is enrolling in a private preschool program for students with disabilities; OR
- Is a dependent of a member of the armed forces of the United States who is stationed in Arizona pursuant to military orders; OR
- Received for any prior year a scholarship under one of the above criteria OR from the original individual donation program or the switcher individual donation program if the child continued to attend a private school in subsequent years.
DISABLED/DISPLACED SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for a Disabled/Displaced Corporate Scholarship your student must meet ONE of the following prerequisites:
- The student has a MET or IEP from an Arizona public school (for preschool and grades K-12); OR
- The student has a 504 plan from an Arizona public school (for grades K-12 only); OR
- The student was placed at one time in the Arizona foster care system (for grades K-12 only and will be verified with the Arizona Department of Economic Security).